Hay presto!: Maple and chilli roasted squash with quinoa tabouli
2kg (or 2 x 1kg) butternut squash, halved
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp pure maple syrup
1 tsp chilli flakes
sea salt and cracked black pepper
40g roasted almonds, chopped
320g cooked quinoa
8g torn mint leaves
60g wild rocket leaves
Lemon tahini dressing
140g hulled tahini
160ml lemon juice
1 clove garlic, crushed
sea salt flakes
- Preheat oven to 240C/ 220C fan/gas 9.
- Scoop the seeds from the squash and discard. Place the squash, cut side up, on to a baking tray. Using the tip of a sharp knife, make some shallow slashes into the squash flesh. Combine the oil, maple, chilli, salt and pepper and brush over the squash.
- Cover with foil and roast for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and roast for a further 40 minutes or until the squash is golden and soft.
- To make the quinoa tabouli, in a large bowl combine the quinoa, mint and rocket.
- To make the lemon tahini dressing, in a small bowl place the tahini, lemon juice, water, garlic and salt. Mix to combine.
- To serve, place the squash on to a serving platter and top with the tabouli. Drizzle with the lemon tahini dressing and sprinkle over almonds.