‘I want an Elvis one with a quiff’: Danny Dyer reveals he is considering getting a wig as he is losing his hair aged 43
Danny Dyer has revealed he is considering buying a wig after being affected by hair loss at age 43.
The EastEnders actor, spoke candidly about tackling his hair loss on podcast, At Home With The Dyers, alongside pregnant daughter Dani, 24.
He said: ‘I’ve seen some strong wigs. Basically, I’m thinking of getting a wig.’
Candid: Danny Dyer has revealed he is considering buying a wig after being affected by hair loss at age 43
The Mick Carter actor said he was eyeing up a wig inspired by rock legend Elvis but worried people would laugh at him if he wore a wig.
He said: ‘I want a nice Elvis wig with a big quiff on it. But I can’t, because everyone will laugh.
‘As soon as you’ve turned your back on them with your wig, half a second later, they’ll all be sniggering.’
‘Coming from a man who’s losing his hair, if I was to wear a wig everyone in that room has to collude and pretend that that’s my hair.’
Thinning locks: The EastEnders actor, spoke candidly about tackling his hair loss on podcast, At Home With The Dyers, alongside pregnant daughter Dani, 24 (pictured 2016)
The chat comes after one of EastEnders directors was sacked for turning up to work ahead of a positive COVID-19 diagnosis.
It was reported earlier this year that first assistant director Joe Nugent went into work despite being tested for coronavirus just days earlier.
It was reported that Joe’s action sparked a ‘mutiny’ among the soap’s cast as they feared he’d put the entire production at risk, after filming resumed last month with strict social distancing measures in place.
It’s been reported that the cast were furious to learn that director Joe went into work as normal despite awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test, after feeling unwell over the weekend of October 10, according to The Sun.
Soap icon: The Mick Carter actor said he was eyeing up a wig inspired by rock legend Elvis but worried people would laugh at him if he wore a wig (pictured on EastEnders with Kellie Bright)
He only notified colleagues after his test result came back positive on Tuesday evening – having already spent two days amongst the soaps’ crew and cast.
One cast member later tested positive for coronavirus following the covid rule breach by Mr Nugent.
A source told The Sun how a show chief had written to staff saying: ‘You will all have heard we had an active Covid case on site.
‘This should serve as a reminder that keeping ourselves and our colleagues safe is an ongoing situation and a shared responsibility.’
Although the EastEnders’ cast member who subsequently tested positive for the virus has not been named, Danny ruled himself out with a series of negative coronavirus tests following the scare.
An EastEnders source told The Sun that actors nearing the at-risk age bracket had felt ‘livid’ and ‘let down’.
They added: ‘There was talk of a mutiny. He was given the boot, partly to assuage cast members.’
Since filming resumed in June all staff members have been regularly tested for covid-19.
MailOnline contacted Joe Nugent for comment.
Last week EastEnders’ new £87 million set took a step closer to completion, as builders finished work on the redesigned Queen Vic pub along with a slew of other businesses on Tuesday.
Snaps show the big-budget set isn’t far from being glimpsed on screens, with the newly-painted tavern boasting a new version of its iconic sign.
Work on the EastEnders’ set has been ongoing during the COVID-19 pandemic, and despite being a step closer to completion is still not expected to be done until 2023.
Happy times: The star is gearing up to be a grandfather as his daughter Dani will welcome her first child next year