Dancing with the Stars is set to return with an All-star season in 2021.
And if rumours are to be believed, former MasterChef judge Matt Preston is in training to appear on the Channel Seven reboot.
The 59-year-old food critic will join Seven’s all-star series after he joined Seven the network last year, according to The Sunday Telegraph.
From the kitchen to the ballroom! Former MasterChef judge Matt Preston, 59, (pictured) is reportedly in training to appear on Channel Seven’s Dancing With The Stars: All Stars next year
Seven refused to comment about speculation, however, telling the publication: ‘It’s too soon for us to reveal the amazing cast of Dancing With The Stars: All Stars.’
‘What we can say is that this will be no ordinary Dancing With The Stars.’
In a world first, the network recently announced that the reality TV show would be ‘refreshed, re-imagined and reborn as a unique television event’ in the new year.
Move: Matt (centre) joined the Seven network last year along with fellow MasterChef judge Gary Mehigan (left) last year after they departed Channel 10. Pictured with George Calombaris (right)
While Sonia Kruger is rumoured to become a host, Seven has remained tight-lipped on its official lineup.
Dancing With The Stars was dropped by Channel 10 in October after a two-year revival on the network. Seven, who previously owned the rights from 2004 to 2015.
Seven Network’s Programming Director Angus Ross said in a statement on Sunday that he was ‘delighted to welcome [Dancing With The Stars] home’ as it was ‘one of the most successful television formats in the world’.
Exciting! Earlier this month, Channel Seven confirmed the upcoming series would feature ‘big names and personalities from past seasons’. Pictured: Rumoured host Sonia Kruger
‘Next year’s special season will bring back some of the big names and personalities from seasons past in a brand new format, plus several other surprises that we will reveal shortly,’ he said.
While hosts, judges and contestants on Dancing With The Stars: All Stars have not been announced, it is expected to feature some of the biggest names to appear on the series since it began in 2004.
These could include Bec Cartwright, Pauline Hanson, Grant Denyer, Fifi Box, Adam Brand, Tina Arena, Ricki-Lee Coulter, Manu Feildel and Christian Wilkins.
Back? Also rumoured to be returning to the latest incarnation of the show is judge Todd McKenney (pictured)
Pictured: Possible appearances from notable former contestants such as Kerri-Anne Kennerley, Nikki Webster and Pauline Hanson could be on the slate, too. Pictured: Contestant Courtney Act (left) with dance partner Joshua Keefe (right)
Daryl Sommers, 69, who hosted the show between 2004 and 2007 alongside Sonia Kruger, 55, is also reportedly returning to the show in the new year.
Earlier this month, The Herald Sun also claimed on Saturday that Todd McKenney, 55, would likely return to the show’s latest incarnation.
Possible appearances from notable former contestants such as Chris Hemsworth, Kerri-Anne Kennerley and Nikki Webster could be on the slate, too.
Stars: Could the show’s most iconic contestants return, like Chris Hemsworth (pictured)?
Also back? Some further suggested guest stars include past winners Bec Hewitt (centre), Ada Nicodemou, and Grant Denyer
In October, Channel 10 confirmed Dancing With The Stars would not return in 2021.
Dancing With The Stars originally aired from 2004 to 2015 on Channel Seven, before moving to Channel 10 in 2019 with new hosts Grant Denyer and Amanda Keller.
While it was not a ratings flop for 10 – its 2020 finale was watched by a respectable 635,000 viewers.
Changes: Dancing with the Stars originally aired from 2004 to 2015 on Channel Seven, before moving to Channel 10 in 2019 with new hosts Grant Denyer and Amanda Keller (both pictured)