Juventus ‘offer Aaron Ramsey to Barcelona as they push to bring Miralem Pjanic back to Turin’ just 12 months after his failed £60MILLION move to the Nou Camp
- Aaron Ramsey has had two injury-disrupted seasons since arriving at Juventus
- Miralem Pjanic has also enjoyed very limited following his move to Barcelona
- Andrea Pirlo is looking for midfield reinforcements due to Arthur’s long absence
- The Italian giants are also reportedly looking to sign Italy star Manuel Locatelli
- Pjanic is said to want a return to Juve – but Barca can’t seem to afford Ramsey
- The club need to cut their wage bill drastically to offer Lionel Messi a new deal
Ramsey has regularly been linked with a move away from the Allianz Stadium after two injury-disrupted seasons at the club following his arrival from Arsenal, while Pjanic has enjoyed very limited game time since joining Barcelona from Juve for €60million (£56m) last summer.
Now Calciomercato.com have said in quotes carried by Football Italia that the Italian giants are prepared to offer Ramsey to Ronald Koeman’s men in order to sign Pjanic, who wants to return to the Serie A club.
Aaron Ramsey has reportedly been offered to Barcelona after a frustrating few seasons
Miralem Pjanic has also struggled at Barcelona and Juventus are said to want to bring him back
Andrea Pirlo’s side need midfield reinforcements following news that ex-Barca man Arthur, who was part of the swap that saw Pjanic move to the Nou Camp, will be out of action for three months following surgery to address a longstanding knee problem.
While Juve are reportedly in the hunt for Euro 2020 winner and Sassuolo star Manuel Locatelli, Pjanic is also said to be high on their agenda.
Barca also have an incentive to sell, with the club needing to drastically cut the wage bill as they prepare to put together a new contract for Lionel Messi.
Barca are unlikely to buy Ramsey though as they work out how to fund Lionel Messi’s new deal
Sporting director Mateu Alemany has reportedly met with the agents of Sergi Roberto, Sergio Busquets, Gerard Pique and Jordi Alba to discuss a pay cut for the season.
However, while Pjanic’s €9m-a-year salary means Barca need him off the books, Ramsey’s salary of €7.5m a year is unlikely to convince them to buy.